🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Monday, May 18, 2015

Cooking with Kids

This morning, we decided to make carrot cake cupcakes and watch Spring into Adventure Peter Rabbit movie. I actually didn't an on being "theme-y" - it just sort of fell into place that way.

So when cooking with a 22 month old and a 4 1/2 year old, I expect mess. That's part of the fun - that and licking the spoon!

As a mom, I didn't cook or bake much with my children. One reason is because I don't do either very well. I thought if I can't cook, I shouldn't pass my unluckiness into them.

But that was wring. Lesson learned. Cooking is like seeing it like Life or...You just have to do it, just get in there, don't be afraid. If your cake flops, oh well. Cover it with icing and sprinkles and celebrate.

The cake is cooling. I will ice it at nap. It will be a tasty snack this afternoon.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: