🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

PBS Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood

We just finished watching Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.  It is a show on PBS that is based on Mister Roger's Neighborhood Land of Imagination.  Prince Wednesday is there and O the Owl and Trolley, too!

I love that Mister Roger's is reaching a new generation.  I loved watching him as a child.  I still remember the scene where they go visit the crayon factory and learn how crayons are made - so cool. Well, on today's episode, Daniel Tiger and his preschool class went to...drum roll...the crayon factory!  I had to smile.  Then, they entered the original clip of Mister Rogers taking the factory tour.

"Play is really the work of childhood."  Mister Rogers was a wise man - an advocate for children, passionate about early childhood education, a man who encourage imaginative play.

Have you seen the new Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood?  Did you watch Mister Rogers in your childhood?  We found the Daniel Tiger toys at Toys R Us.  I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: