🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Nick Jr. Peter Rabbit Play

Peter Rabbit is a favorite in the nanny house. I will admit that I, too, watch the shenanigans of Peter Rabbit, Lily Bobtail, and Benjamin Bunny.
We get lost in the story and picturesque scenery. It's beautiful.
I sometimes watch the show for inspiation for my playscapes. "Make McGregor's garden," said G. Okay!
Playscapes are landscapes for imagination. With a garden playscape, kiddos can reenact scenes from the Nick Jr. Show or make up their own scenarios.

My playscapes are wool felt, hand-stitched, handmade. I add tiny details like gardens, mushrooms, hollow logs that animals can go through, babbling Brooks, grasses, etc. Each one takes me 6-8 hours, because I do everything by hand.  I believe in childhood. I believe in the power of play. I believe in imagination.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: